Available in these glazes colors:
The only mammal which can truly fly without help from technology is the bat. There are over 1200 different classifications of bats, and they comprise nearly a fourth of the known species of mammals on the planet. Though many people are afraid of bats, they are actually very helpful to humans. Most species of bats eat insects, reducing the use of chemical pesticides. Some types of bats help pollinate flowers and distribute fruit seeds.
Bats are often associated black magic, vampires and other dark forces, but there is another side to their symbolism. In Chinese lore, bats represent happiness and longevity; in other cultures they are said to bring luck. Among the Apache, Creek, and Cherokee tribes, bats have represented the embodiment of the trickster spirit. Throughout human history, people have paid tribute to bats through art and craft, and it is in that spirit that I made this handmade tile.
- With proper care, this tile may last thousands of years!
- Can be installed in kitchens, bathrooms, showers and more
- Made by hand in the Arts and Crafts tradition
- Makes a great wall hanging
- Stoneware clay body
- Choose from a set of unique glazes, all lead-free.