Available in these glazes colors:
This tile was inspired by the great blue herons I often see fishing in the Cuyahoga River, which runs through the middle of the small college town I call home.
The Cuyahoga river is infamous because it was once the most polluted river in America. By the middle of the twentieth century, miles of the river were completely devoid of fish.
Even more disturbing, our river caught fire at least 13 times! The most famous fire occurred in 1969, and gained nation attention which helped spur the creation of new environmental protections for the entire U.S.
The river is considerably cleaner now. As fish returned to the river, so did the herons. Their presence is proof that even when things seem impossibly messed up there is always hope!
- Available in many types of glazes, all non-toxic.
- Made by hand using traditional techniques
- Ideal for temporary or permanent installation
- Inspired by the beauty of nature
- Made with natural materials
- Glaze is carefully brushed on every tile's top and sides
- Long lasting, high fired ceramics
- Approx. 1/2" thick at edge