Available in these glazes colors:
Fish live in most bodies of water throughout the world. Important to humans since ancient times, fish have have been used to represent a variety of things in different traditions. In Christianity, fish are a symbol of faith which traces back to the story of "the fishes and loaves" or "the feeding of the multitude," one of the miracles of Jesus in the Gospels. Ancient Celts believed fish derived sacred knowledge from Segais, the well of knowledge.
Fish make up one of the sacred symbols of the Buddah, and represent joy and independence to some Buddhists. Pagan traditions embrace fish as a fertility symbol and as an expression of feminine power. Art depicting pairs of fish is a popular wedding gift in Chinese culture where fish denote fidelity, unity and prosperity. Other fish symbolism includes transformation, resilience, creation, and flow of life.
- All of the glazes we use for handmade tile are non-toxic and lead free
- Each tile has slot on back for easy wall hanging with a nail or hook, unless otherwise noted
- These tiles are suitable for permanent installation in many settings
- Arts and Crafts Tile inspired style relief design
- Emu Handmade Tiles are all high-fire ceramics for strength
- Tiles are made of thick durable ceramic stoneware clay
- Emu Handmade Tiles look great framed and displayed